Who was Guy of Warwick?
Sir Guy of Warwick is one of England’s most famous knights, whose enduring legend dates from the mid-13th Century. Sir Guy’s daring exploits include slaying a dragon, fighting a giant and battling in holy wars, whilst his relics have been preserved with fastidious attention to detail. Warwick Castle holds the porridge pot and sword used by him; Queen Elizabeth I even paid for them to be guarded. (Extracted from BBC Myths & Legends)
In 2018 The Guy of Warwick Society, as part of its aims to keep the stories of Guy alive, held the first Guy of Warwick Day on 28 May. The local newspaper, The Warwick Courier’s report is available here
Read more about Guy of Warwick:
- Wikipedia – Guy_of_Warwick page
- Our Warwickshire: Guy of Warwick a very English hero
- National Geographic Kids: Guy of Warwick Facts!
- Siân Echard’s Guy of Warwick page on the University of British Columbia website
- Encyclopaedia Britannica:Guy of Warwick
Images are available on our Guy of Warwick Pinterest Board: